Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hey Ike, welcome to the forum. Nice 750 you have there. What year is it and what is that midevil beast on the rear fender? Post some pics to, we likes pics here. Tell us more about yourself, how long you've been riding, where are your favorite spots and whats the latest on the tea party.

Post your question in the vstar forum and you'll get a better response there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ike, welcome to the forum. Nice 750 you have there. What year is it and what is that midevil beast on the rear fender? Post some pics to, we likes pics here. Tell us more about yourself, how long you've been riding, where are your favorite spots and whats the latest on the tea party.

Post your question in the vstar forum and you'll get a better response there.
Hi Corsair, it's a 2009 VStar 1100 Custom. The mini pillion usually stops the question,"Can I have a ride?" Thanks I will post it to the forum. I'm new at this so I'm working my way around.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome Tina!

Love the 1100 - but I'm biased :)

Definitely post more pics - then we'll share more info :D

As for the intake, you're looking for POD filters. Search here and you'll find all the info. Then go to the wiki page (google vstar 1100 wiki knowledge base) and you'll find enough to keep you up all night. About $100 if you source it yourself. Still under $200 if you order a kit from one of our many fine vendors (and you won't have to drive all over town or spend time figuring out what parts you need).

You'll need to rejet - its all in the wiki KB but ask any questions if you get stuck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about slapping on the Barons Air kit. I know I will have to rejet. The V&H Classic II give my ride a nice low rumble now. It will sound a lot better with better air. I was also considering the Arlen Ness Big Sucker, but I'm concerned it will stick out to far. I'm fortunate to have one of the best bike mechanics around. He did wonders with my 650 custom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts