Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in The Woodlands, TX (north of Houston for those not from these here parts). I've got a little over 10,000 miles under my belt in a little over a year. I've taken trips to the 3 Sisters, West Austin Hill Country (Hippie Hollow, Park Rd. 4, etc) Dallas and back home to Lafayette for a nieces graduation recently (I really like road trips). I ride every single weekend unless its raining cats and dogs. Usually to places like Yankee's Tavern and all around Sam Houston National Forest. I often ride Saturday and Sunday on a weekend. Typical day is around 150-200 miles. Always by myself. And I am perfectly happy to do that, BTW. But.....

I don't know anyone that rides and I would love to have some folks to ride with (at least I think I would like it). I'm a middle aged guy that just likes to ride. I travel extensively during the week for work but always home on the weekends and thinking about where I will ride.

If anyone in the Greater Houston area is planning some riding in the coming weekends and wouldn't mind me tagging along, please let me know. If there are a few, then maybe we can do a meet up somewhere. Though I am up near Conroe, I am happy to meet folks down in Houston, Katy, Humble, hell wherever. I'm flexible, don't care what you ride (sport, nekid, cruiser, whatever) and certainly won't slow anyone down (I'm not a maniac either).

Feel free to post it here in this thread or PM me.

·
Administrator
13,276 Posts
i would recommend checking out meetup.com. there are riding groups all over the country for all different styles of bikes and types of riding and personalities. just search for "motorcycle" and i'm sure you'll find some in your area. it's kind of like facebook groups. you can post a ride you want to do kind of like on a community bulletin board or join someone else's posted ride.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would recommend checking out meetup.com. there are riding groups all over the country for all different styles of bikes and types of riding and personalities. just search for "motorcycle" and i'm sure you'll find some in your area. it's kind of like facebook groups. you can post a ride you want to do kind of like on a community bulletin board or join someone else's posted ride.
Thanks Guys. I checked out meetup.com and will look into joining one or more of the clubs.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode with some folks from the Meetup.com. The STAR group. Super nice folks and had a good time. I'll do it again sometime. I will keep an eye on the site as there are a few groups on there that are in my area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts