Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son recently bought a Raider - one I rode it I knew I needed one.
I've been looking at both new and used - I found a left over 2010 at my dealer for 10000 full warranty ect.
I've also found several low mileage 2009's in the same price range that have extras on them.
I question whether it's more beneficial to buy new and get a warranty then add on extras or to buy used without warranty.
Has anyone here actually needed work that was covered by the warranty?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dealer I got my 950 from has a new leftover 2012 Raider listed for $10,379. They also have a used 2009 with over 10k miles listed for $9,399. Tough choice there. The used one is "broken in" and has a Vance and Hines exhaust on it.

I don't know though... It might just be me, but I like the feeling of knowing just where and how my bike got each and every mile on it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd buy the new one with the warranty.. Although there haven't been as many reported cases.. I just went through the whole 3rd gear issue on my Roadliner.. And since it is the same motor...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer I got my 950 from has a new leftover 2012 Raider listed for $10,379. They also have a used 2009 with over 10k miles listed for $9,399. Tough choice there. The used one is "broken in" and has a Vance and Hines exhaust on it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Where in PA is this dealer, I'll be passing through on my way to GA this weekend .... maybe I'll stop and take a look if it isn't too far from my route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts