Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I just bought an 04 VSTAR 1100 and the rear brake is screwy. If the bike is just sitting at idle I can pump up the rear brake to make it useful, as soon as I pull away, I lose all that pressure and there is none. What could this be? I bled the brakes and fluid came squirting out and I did this a few times. Plenty of brake fluid, the line isn't leaking. What do you think it could be? Someone I talked to said maybe the rear wheel was crooked and it was pushing the pads out with the rotor.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hey guys! So I just bought an 04 VSTAR 1100 and the rear brake is screwy. If the bike is just sitting at idle I can pump up the rear brake to make it useful, as soon as I pull away, I lose all that pressure and there is none. What could this be? I bled the brakes and fluid came squirting out and I did this a few times. Plenty of brake fluid, the line isn't leaking. What do you think it could be? Someone I talked to said maybe the rear wheel was crooked and it was pushing the pads out with the rotor.
master cylinder piston seals? they sell a kit

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Live fast, from southwestern PA. Congrats on yer new purchase. Yer gonna luv ridin that bike once ya get the brakes fixed. I may be just a bit biased though. I agree with Pauli. Most likely master cylinder. And post up some pics of that fine machine when ya get a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts