Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lot's of left over '18's in Canada and GREAT deals! Anyone ever "import" one to U.S.?

Been doing lots of research and I think we may have found this years bottom cash price (like all left overs, the price could go lower yet if one wants to wait for the '18,s to get another year older as a left over) on a left over SVTC here in the States at $19,850 but was wondering something. I also have contacted a couple Canadian dealers about their left overs (seems to be plenty available up there too according to the Canadian dealerships) and have been offered even better savings when the exchange rate is applied. I was wondering if any of you have imported from Canada into the U.S. and if so,, what kind of additional fee's did you have to pay to do so.. The 2 dealerships I spoke with up in Canada sounded like they were very anxious to liquidate their left over 18 SVTC's - same as what is going on with the ones left over here in the States = GREAT TIME TO BE SHOPPING!!!!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Been doing lots of research and I think we may have found this years bottom cash price (like all left overs, the price could go lower yet if one wants to wait for the '18,s to get another year older as a left over) on a left over SVTC here in the States at $19,850 but was wondering something. I also have contacted a couple Canadian dealers about their left overs (seems to be plenty available up there too according to the Canadian dealerships) and have been offered even better savings when the exchange rate is applied. I was wondering if any of you have imported from Canada into the U.S. and if so,, what kind of additional fee's did you have to pay to do so.. The 2 dealerships I spoke with up in Canada sounded like they were very anxious to liquidate their left over 18 SVTC's - same as what is going on with the ones left over here in the States = GREAT TIME TO BE SHOPPING!!!!
I’m glad people are getting some deals on this awesome machine. As one who got mine on the Priority Delivery Program, I had a total of $3k in discounts and don’t feel “slighted” in the least.
If I want include how I’ve “monetized” the Warrantee with a new gas tank, new dash & new valve train, there’s a few thousand $$more I’ve recouped.
IF in the next couple years Yamaha comes out with something special on this bike, I may upgrade BUT this time I’ll wait till the end of the model year or riding season before pulling the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
When ever someone buys the latest and greatest there is almost always a premium to pay to be the first owners. Look at the performance models on the Mustang (Boss 302, GT 350, etc), dealers were getting full sticker plus 10k more. How about the newest super duper TV, full retail. Newest phones are always at a prime price. The examples of premium prices are everywhere. After a while the prices begin to drop. The higher price makes these items an exclusive item. But if you wait a bit, the price always drop off. That's where I put the Venture, exclusive, prices are driven by supply and demand. If you ask any one who bought the latest and greatest item if they have buyers remorse, 99% of the time the answer is a BIG NO. They are happy they got to enjoy while others just wished. The joy the new owners get is hard to put a price on. I always say buy what you want and can afford, enjoy and be happy. I'm one that likes the older stuff, like me. 😁. I always keep my wife in a new vehicle so I never have to work on it, currently a 2017. I'm old school, have a 1965, 1997, 2001 and 2006. All in excellent running condition and look very good. Well the Vstar does still needs the starter clutch. So to everyone with the latest and greatest, enjoy the moment.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
When ever someone buys the latest and greatest there is almost always a premium to pay to be the first owners. Look at the performance models on the Mustang (Boss 302, GT 350, etc), dealers were getting full sticker plus 10k more. How about the newest super duper TV, full retail. Newest phones are always at a prime price. The examples of premium prices are everywhere. After a while the prices begin to drop. The higher price makes these items an exclusive item. But if you wait a bit, the price always drop off. That's where I put the Venture, exclusive, prices are driven by supply and demand. If you ask any one who bought the latest and greatest item if they have buyers remorse, 99% of the time the answer is a BIG NO. They are happy they got to enjoy while others just wished. The joy the new owners get is hard to put a price on. I always say buy what you want and can afford, enjoy and be happy. I'm one that likes the older stuff, like me. 😁. I always keep my wife in a new vehicle so I never have to work on it, currently a 2017. I'm old school, have a 1965, 1997, 2001 and 2006. All in excellent running condition and look very good. Well the Vstar does still needs the starter clutch. So to everyone with the latest and greatest, enjoy the moment.
Sound words Sir! Oh, and YES I AM enjoying the heck out of it! 😉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts