Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a strange thing happen today on my way home from a ride. At about 165 miles my low fuel light came on which today was a very easy ride and I should have gone at least 185 miles. Made a quick stop at a store,took back off again and the light was out. Stayed out all the way home. Gremlins I think or it's mad at me for riding in the rain.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hdeater,

I have seen the light come on when fuel is low. Maybe slosh around a bit. Then if the bike is shut off and the fuel level is still not low enough the light may not be when you restart. Just happend this past week. The light came on as I leaned to turn in my drive. When I started the bike back up to go the light was not on.

I think it is just a little movement of gas when the light is about to come on.

165 miles the light comes on is pretty good mileage. I have never gone 185 miles on one tank since they started putting alchohol in gas. I did a few years back in 06 and 07.

Dave

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I had a strange thing happen today on my way home from a ride.
...on my way home from a ride. :confused:

So you were done riding and on your way home? Were you riding the bike home? ...then you would still be on your ride? ...did you get off the bike and take a bus home?:confused: Dude, you 'grey bike riders' ....oh, never mind :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now you are buying next weekend along with some oyster shooters.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just have the shooter and pass on the oyster.I still eat seafood it has to be deep fried.So i could have a flaming shooter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts