Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Low & Mean Raider chin unit arriving today. My plan is to make it work on my Stratoliner Deluxe. I think it will work and if I need to modify it some I will do so to make it work. I think it will look killer for sure. Once I get it to work and I get it back from paint, I will post up some pictures to show you all how it looks.
Stay Tuned.
Swomack

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I was right, the Low & Mean chin unit does work with the Roadliner and Stratoliner.* As soon as I got home I put it on and it looks killer.* Easy install and it adds alot to the overall look.
That's www.LowAndMean.com
Swomack

·
Registered
132 Posts
Low-n-mean

...and they are looking for a Stratoliner owner in the ARIZONA area that can help them develop an awesome wrap-around front fender for our bikes too! Free fender to the one from AZ that goes over there to help them.

Just look at the link below:
HERE

:eek:

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Hmmmm...

Bears a striking resemblance to the chin cowls on the VTX1800 and 1500 Goldwing...

One of the many things I love about the Strat's styling is that it sweeps front to rear. The forward facing chin cowl seems to be in direct opposition to the rear flowing front fender. I find that a bit jarring.

But if you're happy, that's all that matters.:):):)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hmmmm...

Bears a striking resemblance to the chin cowls on the VTX1800 and 1500 Goldwing...

One of the many things I love about the Strat's styling is that it sweeps front to rear. The forward facing chin cowl seems to be in direct opposition to the rear flowing front fender. I find that a bit jarring.

But if you're happy, that's all that matters.:):):)
Yeah not everybody will like it but since it's my bike and I do that's all that matters right. Nice to have the information that it does work if you like the way it looks. That would be me. Like they say, make it your own. I'm making it my own lol.
Swomack

·
Registered
132 Posts
Catch-22
That site won't let me sign up. I get a data error trying to register.
You have to get signed up first, sometimes the server can be busy. Copy the screen and e-mail me a copy of your errors, and I will see if I can translate.

Try it again. We need to get some more guys together for a great group buy.

GROUP BUY!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
You have to get signed up first, sometimes the server can be busy. Copy the screen and e-mail me a copy of your errors, and I will see if I can translate.

Try it again. We need to get some more guys together for a great group buy.

GROUP BUY!
I tried to 3 or 4 times yesterday (which would be considered an enormous amount of patience for me).

As for the wrap around front fender I should be able to get a very accurate 3D CAD file of the stratoliner front end to Chris at Low and Mean.

I'll try again today to sign up and let you know how it goes.

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
COME ON GUYS with Strats & Roadies, join in the Low&Mean Chin-Fairing Buy so we can make a group purchase. We'll save big!

CLICK HERE
i miiiiiiight be interested if that site cared about making stuff for the 950. i really wanted their hugger front fender but they don't make it for my size wheel so i had to go with something else that was close but not as good

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's the finished product.
Put the screens in.
Left the lower frame brace on and drilled holes through the lower screens, then re-bolted it up.
All In All An Easy Installation.
Thanks to my painter for doing such a great job matching the Ravin Black paint.
The overall look IMO is amazing.
This Low & Mean chin scoop was the perfect mod to my liking.
Gives the bike a totally different look.

What do you guys think ?
Swomack

·
Registered
132 Posts
i miiiiiiight be interested if that site cared about making stuff for the 950. i really wanted their hugger front fender but they don't make it for my size wheel so i had to go with something else that was close but not as good

Have you contacted them? Low&Mean has been working on adding fenders and chin units for different bikes. Some of the other models might match yours. They even offer a free unit to the test bike, when they create a new model. Are you anywhere near them in AZ???

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
Have you contacted them? Low&Mean has been working on adding fenders and chin units for different bikes. Some of the other models might match yours. They even offer a free unit to the test bike, when they create a new model. Are you anywhere near them in AZ???
i already chose a new fender from Klock Werks and had it custom painted with the rest of my bike. i think it looks good, just not as good as the Low & Mean fender. i really like the chins they make as well but don't think it would go well with my bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts