Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have my fairing on my bike and the head buffeting isn't absolutely unbearable but I wouldn't mind getting rid of it completely.

Ive seen some people talking about getting lower air deflectors (which I thought block wind from your knees/shins) and having that solve the problem.

How is it possible that something down by your knees would stop your head from shaking around?

Im also looking at just getting a taller windshield, but Im looking for input before deciding what to buy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have some lower air deflectors on my bike and it doesn't help with head buffeting, but it does help a little bit with keeping rocks and wind off my lower legs. I still get hit every once and a while, but not as often as without. If you want to get rid of the heard buffeting I'd get a taller windshield.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I first got my bike, I put on a taller windshield then the previous owner. It was right at nose level, and the buffeting was terrible. By moving my hand around while riding I discovered that the wind bouncing my head around was coming from below. I installed the Memphis Shades lowers and that did the trick. They needed to be re shaped to fit around my signals as I have passing lamps.

A month ago, I installed a MS batwing with an 11" windshield. I left the lowers on and it works great.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I first got my bike, I put on a taller windshield then the previous owner. It was right at nose level, and the buffeting was terrible. By moving my hand around while riding I discovered that the wind bouncing my head around was coming from below. I installed the Memphis Shades lowers and that did the trick. They needed to be re shaped to fit around my signals as I have passing lamps.

A month ago, I installed a MS batwing with an 11" windshield. I left the lowers on and it works great.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I actually went out and fiddles with the fairing and angled the front down a little more with hopes that that would direct the air up and over my head. It made a huge difference and I have basically no buffeting now.

I might purchase myself some lowers just for the rocks, bees, and small children.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lowers

I put a set of lowers on my 650 classic one of the best things i've done , ihave a memphis shades screen .without lowers its like having a wind scoop with no scoop

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, I actually went out and fiddles with the fairing and angled the front down a little more with hopes that that would direct the air up and over my head.
I did that on Friday as well. Forgot to mention that.

With the lowers there was just a hint of the wind passing over my helmet. The adjustment pushes it right over my head.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Glad it worked out for ya, I hate that feeling! I just spent 160 or so on a Klock Work windshield that was supposed to eliminate all of that and it did help a bunch I still feel it around 65 and up. The weather up here has been sh!tty to say the least so I only have a couple rides with it on.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well folks, the Bear is a bit agast at this one:eek: He figgers we are riders and that is a big part of it, the breeze in our face, ridin in the wind, bein free:D Buffetin bad, breeze good. he thinks iffin a rider don't want no breeze, maybe he/she ought to drive a truck/car with the windows rolled up, huh?:rolleyes:

Have fun folks:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts