Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruising up I5 in left lane one evening, a car goes to pass a slower truck and as car enters my lane,something is spun out from behind car!! Not sure but I think it was a piece of small traffic cone.
Swerved away from it but still connected with lower right cowling.

Cowling and fasteners ran ~$100. Unfortunately I did not fully disassemble before ordering. Once I tore into it I found the fog lamp holder was also busted. Luckily JB weld was on the shelf.

Also found the side of two electrical connectors were broken off. Gasket is still OK so I used small zip tie to ensure they stay connected.

Wife and I went for a ride Sunday afternoon and all is well.

Anyone know where to buy connectors and pins as I really do not want to replace wire harness.

Thank you for listening.
Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Cruising up I5 in left lane one evening, a car goes to pass a slower truck and as car enters my lane,something is spun out from behind car!! Not sure but I think it was a piece of small traffic cone.
Swerved away from it but still connected with lower right cowling.

Cowling and fasteners ran ~$100. Unfortunately I did not fully disassemble before ordering. Once I tore into it I found the fog lamp holder was also busted. Luckily JB weld was on the shelf.

Also found the side of two electrical connectors were broken off. Gasket is still OK so I used small zip tie to ensure they stay connected.

Wife and I went for a ride Sunday afternoon and all is well.

Anyone know where to buy connectors and pins as I really do not want to replace wire harness.

Thank you for listening.
Gary
From what I understand the place I got my trailer wiring harness www.electricalconnections.com probably has what you need. Just need to talk to them about what kind/style of plug it is.
I say they “probably” have it because they custom make wiring connections and harnesses.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link.
I need to order a trailer harness as well.

Which trailer hitch did you go with?

I have an older Bushtec that worked real well behind my Road Star. Getting ready to set up on the SVTC.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Thank you for the link.
I need to order a trailer harness as well.

Which trailer hitch did you go with?

I have an older Bushtec that worked real well behind my Road Star. Getting ready to set up on the SVTC.
It won’t fit the SVTC. The connections points plus height are completely different.
I went with a Hitch Dr. receiver style hitch. It wasn’t cheap but it has stronger/better tie in than some others. I was still waiting on Bushtec to come out with a hitch for this bike when Hitch Dr. did.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It won’t fit the SVTC. The connections points plus height are completely different.
I went with a Hitch Dr. receiver style hitch. It wasn’t cheap but it has stronger/better tie in than some others. I was still waiting on Bushtec to come out with a hitch for this bike when Hitch Dr. did.
I meant I have a Bushtec Trailer that I towed with my Road Star. I bought a hitch from Big Bike Parts for SVTC.
I have the hitch and wiring/isolator installed and all is working well.

Thank you and others for the link to Electrical Connections. Great group to work with.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I meant I have a Bushtec Trailer that I towed with my Road Star. I bought a hitch from Big Bike Parts for SVTC.
I have the hitch and wiring/isolator installed and all is working well.

Thank you and others for the link to Electrical Connections. Great group to work with.
Glad you got it hooked up @starbagger !
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your rig!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts