Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy some goodies for the upcoming season. I wanted to know if there were any other options for lowers than Memphis shades. I have a cobra crash bar and the forks get pretty close. I figure the ms deflectors will need trimming.

I'm between buying a ultimate or ED seat. I'll gladly take opinions if given. I put 3500 miles on my stock seat this past year, and I owe it to my butt to buy better. (Got the bike late june)

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have the JTD cycle parts lowers and I think their great. In my opinion better than the other lowers for crash bars. John from JTD cycle parts is a stand up guy and will definitely help you out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the replies. I haven't seen the bar wind deflectors before. I think that may be what I go with.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have the JTD cycle parts lowers and I think their great. In my opinion better than the other lowers for crash bars. John from JTD cycle parts is a stand up guy and will definitely help you out.
Which series did you go with and what crash bar did you use?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sparkn I have the Yamaha big bar engine guards on my 1300. The engine guards are 1 1/2" bar if that helps any. I can't remember which series I bought. I want to post a pic of the lowers but my phone won't let me for some reason

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you call John and give him your info regarding your bike and engine guard size and brand he'll tell you which series that will fit. That's how he helped me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 14 deluxe bought it in October,Its got the OEM big bars on it. The first thing I ordered was a set of engine chaps from "airlites" They are in my opinion the best looking and performing because the leave no gaps for the air to com through there is no snaps or buckles to play around with and they don't sag like the rest. Had them on my 900 Vulcan and where the best accessory I ever bought!check out their website, happy riding!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ooh, those Airlites look nice. And they're custom fit for the bars and the bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear you. Those airlites look really good. Might make some small lexan lowers on the fork and buy the airlite.

·
Registered
417 Posts
This thread caught my attention several weeks ago since I have a 1300 Deluxe and got a set of engine guards for Christmas. I checked out the various lowers recommended above and really liked the look of the Airlite engine guard chaps, so I bought a set!

They are excellent! It took 1 minute to install and 3 or 4 minutes to adjust them. They look great, fit well and do not flap in the wind. Most important, they do decrease the amount of air coming under the fairing. I rode for 45 minutes yesterday and the difference was very noticeable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts