Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the lowers for the Venture Royal Star Tour Deluxe can be made to work on a 2007 V Star 1300.

It seems like you can fit lowers to almost any Harley but I don't think I have ever seen a V Star with lowers fitted to it.

It seems that you can find a batwing faring without any trouble but so far I have not found anyone making lowers.

I have a set of Mustang crash bars on the bike and I suspect I will have to modify or loose them which will just have to be.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Memphis Shades Lowers, nice quality for the price, fit perfect with the crash bar and takes minutes to put on.
I can not imagine someone with a 1300 tourer not having lowers if you cruise above 65 MPH.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess forgot to mention that I already put on a set of fork mounted air deflectors from "Buck" I think.

I had big hopes but it really did not make the problem go away so I would like to try really lowers that mount to the crash bars.

I am also ready to try a batwing fairing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be a help to see a photo of how they are mounted, something doesnt sound right.
Here are some photos of the Buck air defectors that I have installed. Not much to chance regarding how they install. You can adjust them forward and backwards via the slotted holes but that is it. It does not make a big difference where they are. You still get more wind buffeting than I would think you should with this much windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
just what I was looking for

Google JTD lowers and check those out. I've debated getting some of those for a few years, but keep putting it off, using those vinyl chap things to keep the cold air away during the cooler months.
Boy I wish I had seen these before I purchased the Desert Dogs. Anyone want to buy a slightly used set of desert dogs for a set of Cobra 1.25 inch crash bars.

I'll be ordering a pair of these lowers. The batwing is next, time to start the research on that product next but I have seen one that looks good from Reckless motorcycles that uses the stock windshield hardware. The stock windshield hardware looks really solid in my opinion.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It may be that your helmet is the problem with buffeting. I had one helmet that above 50mph, I felt like a bobble head doll. Got a different helmet and it all went away, no changes to the bike itself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It may be that your helmet is the problem with buffeting. I had one helmet that above 50mph, I felt like a bobble head doll. Got a different helmet and it all went away, no changes to the bike itself.
I have ridden this bike with two or three different helmets and without a helmet and there is no getting around the wind. I think it might have a lot to do with the near vertical angle of the stock shield that is not adjustable in any way that I can see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts