Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 1300 and with a Cobra passenger back rest. Does anyone know if a luggage rack for the 1100 would fit the 1300? Seems like the ones listed for the 1100 are a lot cheaper online.

·
Super Moderator
6,760 Posts
smittyrock, are you looking for a luggage rack that mounts behind the sissy bar, or a travel trunk luggage rack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smittyrock, are you looking for a luggage rack that mounts behind the sissy bar, or a travel trunk luggage rack?

Keith I guess you'd say both. The Cobra bracket from what I can tell can have the luggage rack or back rest mounted either as a pair or either one separate. Was thinking of getting a travel trunk which would have a back rest or mount a bag that I have to the luggage rack. I have a Vikings bag that can be mounted to the rear seat or on a luggage rack and the backrest.

https://www.vikingbags.com/back-rest-cordura-large-motorcycle-sissy-bar-bag-1540-prd1.htm

·
Super Moderator
6,760 Posts
I gotcha, reason I was wondering is the 1100 luggage rack does not fit my 950, the little brother to the 1300. Mountings are quite different. I bought one from a forum member then bought a travel trunk and fabbed up some mounting brackets. Check the classifieds in our forum and of course eBay and Amazon. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotcha, reason I was wondering is the 1100 luggage rack does not fit my 950, the little brother to the 1300. Mountings are quite different. I bought one from a forum member then bought a travel trunk and fabbed up some mounting brackets. Check the classifieds in our forum and of course eBay and Amazon. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, for the information that's what I was looking for. I knew the 950 and 1300 could use some of the same aftermarket parts but I wasn't quite sure about the 1100. I'v been searching Amazon and eBay, trying to find a good deal instead of paying the full asking price that it would cost me for a new Cobra rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts