Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if I had been sitting on a lump of coal 😬! Heading down the road and the back end felt squirrelly. Like dangerously, spurattically squirrelly. Turned on the FOBO TPMS app and wow! My Strat (should have been 41 psi) was 17.8 psi!

Everything looked fine but then I saw a small hex wrench with the upper L laying across the tread and the liner end inside the tire. Plugged it with my Dynaplug kit and inflated with my Milwaukee battery powered air compressor and all is good.

Glad I had the stuff to fix it, but wow that was a scary feeling having that back end randomly swim. Could've been a lot worse.

Be sure to check you tire pressure.
Brown Wood Water Jewellery Hardwood

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I had a 3 1/2" bolt in my tire one time. I ended up racing an Audi with lots of engine work on the way to getting it fixed. Didn't leak air, but could feel a rhythmic little bump when the head would hit the ground. I've been searching for a picture of the bolt for the last 20 minutes and I can't find it. I'll keep looking though. Worth sharing.

Definitely pay attention to tire pressure. I ALWAYS kick my tires (I know, not fool proof, but I have found issues that way and I don't have a TPMS on my Warrior).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts