Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
This past summer, I was going to clean up my VStar, and was going to use a chrome/Mag wheel cleaner on the stock rims. I read the directions, and on many different brands, the directions read NOT TO USE ON MOTORCYCLE RIMS. I've talked to different dealers, and they have given me a wide range of answers, including supprise when I told them about the warning. I kinda figured chrome is chrome. Thanks for your time. Be safe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used Eagle One Never-Dull wadding to clean up my VStar 650 wheels and it worked great. I am very pleased with using this product for my chrome and other metals like control levers. It is like cotton wadding with a lubricant. Apply it back and forth with your hand and wipe it off and polish it with a clean microfiber rag.

http://www.eagleone.com/nevr-dull-wadding-polish

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I've used Never Dull on several other things, just hadn't thought about using it on the bike.. Your right, it does work wonders. May try that to remove some blue. Thanks for the tip, and ride safe. BTW, nice looking ride.
-Darrell

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey everyone.... I had the same experience and heard that many of the products will cause the side wall to get a little slick....and could (they stress could) cause a loss of traction... My attitude was....where there is smoke...there must be some fire. I can only imagine that various law suits must have prompted the warnings????? Don't know the cause of the warnings but wanted to share the feedback I was given from the dealer, Yamaha (corporate) and tire manufacturers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts