Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks like he hit a patch of oil on the road while making that high speed turn. It's my worst nightmare. I never ride that fast on a narrow country road though.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
A video like that will make you second guess riding w/o full gear. At least it does me!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That video is making me think about getting some riding pants. This year I bought a mesh jacket with armor so I can have protection and be cooler than riding with just a hoodie on.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Looks like he hit a patch of oil on the road while making that high speed turn. It's my worst nightmare. I never ride that fast on a narrow country road though.
Yeah....I'm couldn't see the speedo but it did appear that he was moving pretty fast. easy to do with a V65.....great bikes and a shame to see him dump it.

I watched the video pretty close and didn't see anything on the road...so I'm not sure what the issue was, but I do know you can lose the back end on those things giving it gas in the corner like he did. Old school suspension and tires and 115+ HP don't mix if not ridden properly.

My son is building one right now......

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes, a good clear message about safety gear. From the snow patches evident and the winter landscape it may well have been ice. It could have been a combination of things. He wasn't in a hard lean. Maybe he will fill us in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts