Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.
I am from Maine and am currently retired in Idaho . Bought a new to me 2006 Roadliner Midnight this summer . She's not pretty and has 45,000 miles on her but she runs good. Has quite a few bumps and bruises and it appears that I only have 40 psi from the fuel pump. Pumps are back ordered until Oct.
I also have a 2006 vulcan 900 with 5000 original miles . 1987 honda xl250R and a beater yamaha dt125.
Any ways that's it for me.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all the links.
I've read most of the links involving the fuel pump . I tested it at the regulator (high pressure side) 40 psi . I've ordered the pump but still ride the bike. Seems to do OK , but I don't venture to far from home.
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Welcome from California. Ditto on Keith's comment for pics, even if you think she's not pretty, she has an inner beauty we can all appreciate here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a couple of pics as she currently sits .
I have added the barons riser pullbacks which seem to work well.
I've had a lot of different bikes over the years including Harley's but this machine is quite impressive.
fairing , windshield to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hello to everyone.
I am from Maine and am currently retired in Idaho . Bought a new to me 2006 Roadliner Midnight this summer . She's not pretty and has 45,000 miles on her but she runs good. Has quite a few bumps and bruises and it appears that I only have 40 psi from the fuel pump. Pumps are back ordered until Oct.
I also have a 2006 vulcan 900 with 5000 original miles . 1987 honda xl250R and a beater yamaha dt125.
welcome. you'll fit right in here.

·
2,371 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Love the Roadliners and they look so good in black.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello to everyone.
If you aren't too gun shy about non-OEM parts I had the fuel pump on my 08 Stratoliner replaced with what I hope is a reasonable non-oem pump. I wasn't willing to pay dealer price for the part.

Just a thought.

With your risers, was it a tough replacement? Your brake cable looks like it is at about maximum extension.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you aren't too gun shy about non-OEM parts I had the fuel pump on my 08 Stratoliner replaced with what I hope is a reasonable non-oem pump. I wasn't willing to pay dealer price for the part.

Just a thought.

With your risers, was it a tough replacement? Your brake cable looks like it is at about maximum extension.

I never took the pump out so I am not sure if it's the pump or the housing which is known to crack or split . The original pump part number has been superseded by a new part number so maybe yamaha figured out the problem. I figured if I can get another 25-30,000 miles from a new pump then that's fine.
Risers were hard to do by myself but with a bunch of towels is doable . When you buy the riser/pull backs from Barons they state on their website that the cables and hoses don't need to be replaced or extended but you are right they are on the tight side but not overly so I believe.
https://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/1005/index.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts