Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I picked up a used cobra 2 into 1 HP pro exhaust off of a 2003 vstar 1100 classic. My bike is an 2007 1100 classic. It's been sitting in my garage for a few weeks, and I finally got around to having a pod kit sent over from Tim over at metric magic. I figured since its supposed to rain all week, I'd fit the exhaust on tonight and do the carbs when they come in this week.

Does anyone have a picture of the mounting bracket for this exhaust? The bracket that came with it honestly doesn't seem to be the correct one. I'm having a hell of a time getting on the bike. Looking online, it looks like I have to make a bracket to relocate the rear brake reservoir (I didn't get one) and honestly, It doesn't really seem like the right floorboard is going to fit back on. Nothing in general seems like its fitting right, the pipes don't seem to go into the headers, the exhaust flanges seems way to far out. I wanted to dry fit everything, but honestly I can't even get that far. I'm pretty frustrated right now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sigh....This is embarrassing. I probably shouldn't have tried to start this at the end of a long day. Long story short, it's fine. I am just a big baby. I got it all squared away.

But in my hissy fit tizzy of trying to figure this out, I seemed to misplace the nut that goes on the front pipe (the one that has a nut on one and a bolt on the other side for the the exhaust flange). Does anyone know the size of that bolt? I need to pick up a new one tomorrow. Thanks to anyone who wasted time reading this embarrassment.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
They work really well and Tim is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed to Cobra 2 into 1 HP on my '04 1100 Classic and I an happy with it, save for the rusting hardware that Cobra is so famous for. I also installed a baffle as it was way to pound for my liking. I also installed the Chubby air intake from S&S and am also pleased with it and the overall performance/sound of the two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts