Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from admin here due to my long absence since joining. Truth is, I log in from work and the anti-virus software they have running detects "stuff" and sends me warnings only when on this forum's web site. Therefore, I'm logged off a lot more now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, that could be caused by a lot of things. I've got pretty tight detections set up and nothing pinged for me here. Maybe you could post the text of the warnings so we can see what is up. (Not the whole message.)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well, that could be caused by a lot of things. I've got pretty tight detections set up and nothing pinged for me here. Maybe you could post the text of the warnings so we can see what is up. (Not the whole message.)
I'll put my bets on it being a script or other 'questionable' activity being served-through from some of the ad providers. I'm pretty locked down on my system here, and it gives me the occasional warning on sites that run adchoices - typically third-party cookie set attempt, script inside a 'banner' etc. Nothing actually "malicious" just advertisers trying to track/tag/spy on ya.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll put my bets on it being a script or other 'questionable' activity being served-through from some of the ad providers. I'm pretty locked down on my system here, and it gives me the occasional warning on sites that run adchoices - typically third-party cookie set attempt, script inside a 'banner' etc. Nothing actually "malicious" just advertisers trying to track/tag/spy on ya.
Yeah, what he said.

·
Registered
894 Posts
With ABP+ installed and viewing this page I see that 20 of 187 items are blocked along with 6 whitelisted items sliding through that have been allowed. Any one of those 20 advertisers can slip something in. Or even the ones I allow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts