Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't buy any manifold boot other then OEM. The ones on Amazon and Ebay are crap. They cracked after 1000 miles/10 weeks. Guess I had to learn the hard way :mad::mad::mad:
Are you talking about footwear or a heat shield on the manifold or something else. Deflecting or reducing the heat hitting rider and passenger on the Stratoliner is always good information in the Texas heat.

·
Super Moderator
4,455 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I always look for a cost effective way to fix things but at times it costs me more later.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had surface cracks on my original carburetor boots, but I applied a high temp gasket inside of the surface cracks, that turns into rubber. I was going to replace mine but again, it's only surface cracks and at 60 dollars per boot, i said f that

·
Registered
49 Posts
Silicone the boots? Has anyone used silicone spray on their intake boots to try and keep em soft and supple? (I use it on weatherstripping welts, but they don't heat up as hot...)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Silicone the boots? Has anyone used silicone spray on their intake boots to try and keep em soft and supple? (I use it on weatherstripping welts, but they don't heat up as hot...)
Me! but not spray. I putty all the rubber surface with high temp silicone (black, to make a pretty stuff). I ride for a long time with this workaround, hehe...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Delson, thanks. Great response and makes sense! Ride safe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts