Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Bike of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your bike. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all modifications to your bike, if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the bike being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your bike, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your bike.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to April's Bike of the Month winner, @Lanthus!

·
Administrator
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After this month, I will start trying to incorporate themes to keep things fresh. So for this month, feel free to enter whatever photos you'd like.

-Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
'06 Stratoliner Midnight. Second owner. Purchased from original owner in San Antonio 3 years ago @ 11K miles. Was all original and complete as purchased with all documents, bill of sale, manual, etc...
After a few months started slowly started personalizing with small, tasteful additions including: removal of backrest and pax floorboards, Freedom True dual exhaust, ZR1 flame stitched seat, batwing fairing and tinted spoiler windscreen, gel grips and homemade license plate bracket. Maintenance I've performed since purchase: new tires, deep cycle gel battery, oil/filter, plugs, air cleaner and gear oil change. All by me in my shop except tires.
Bike gets lots of looks and the 2 most common questions are 1. What kind is it and 2. it's how big??
I even had a rider asked to have a photo taken with him on it.
Shown are before and after photos:
20180429_125819.jpg
P3070170.JPG
20200501_175820.jpg

·
Premium Member
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
212 Posts
Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
24 Posts
"Hell Bent For Leather" 1972 Honda CB350 custom built hardtail bobber. I built the hardtail for the frame without the help of a proper tubing bender. I used heat and a big spring. Motor was rebuilt with .25 over pistons, Starter deleted for kick only. It is covered in hand tooled leather. This little bike is a blast to ride and even more fun to show. It has won over 30 trophies from best of show to most unique. It was featured in Cycle Source Magazine in Dec. 2018. Not bad for a bike I found left laying in a field on its side for 10 years. The motor still turned over and those are the original rims. They were covered in a heavy grease.
GXYH2139[1].JPG
IMG_0226[1].JPG
IMG_1696[1].JPG
IMG_0224[1].JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts