In 2017, I was lured away from my V-Star 1300 deluxe by an irresistible deal on a 2016 H-D Ultra Limited. Three years and quite a few $$ later, I have it where it's not too bad a ride. But there's things about that still are not to my liking -- it's top heavy, the handling good be better, and for these size motor (103) it's underpowered. Add the fact that I no longer have a local H-D dealer. My Local Yamaha dealer has a left over 2018 Eluder with the TC package, and has made me a killer deal. I'm looking for feed back from anybody who's had one for a while to see how it's working out. I'm doing some searching around the inter-webs and found a few things that I'd like to confirm as real problems or not:
- Some folks have had trouble with electrical gremlins.
- The Nav/infotainment system has pretty much been orphaned and is unsupported.
- There have been reports of fuel pump problems
- It's a big, torquey motor, so no need to over-rev it
- what kind of fuel mileage are you getting? My H-D gets about 43 in everyday work. I suspect the Eluder will not do quite that well, but I'm curious
- How many miles are you getting out of a set of tires? Heavily influenced by the right wrist, I know, but wondering if these things chew up tires like the old Stratoliner did.
- Everybody mentions the heat coming off the motor, but that no real surprise to me, and coming of the H-D, ain't real scary either.
- Are the saddle bags really weather proof?