Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 98 vstar 650 for 3 years now and love it. I also have an 06 vstar that I bought to upgrade but I like my 98 better. Im trying to bring the 06 back down closer to stock because the guy I bought it from was stupid about the exhaust, intake, and improper jet kit.
I'm hoping to find someone with a full stock exhaust or at least the front cylinder down pipe.

Jeremy

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the forum. How about a couple pictures?

So is your newer V-Star a 650 also?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey, if the price is right.

The 650 is a wee little thing though, how could exhaust have that big of a difference? What's wrong with the intake? They're both pretty hard to screw up when I run it over in my mind, unless they're strait missing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both are 650's I like em, they're light and quick. I got a sportbike if I wanna go fast.
The 06 when I got it had a massive side scoop intake with straight pipes but only a stage 1 jet kit. The previous owner bought the wrong (year?) Exhaust and ended up welding 4-6 inches of the stock rear downpipe to make it work. In doing so it puts the pipe right against your leg. Also he used zipties when the bracket didn't line up.
I'm taking it back to stock simply because I have the stock pipes off my 98. I've got v&h short shots on it.
The 06 is going on Craigslist once its back together and running right

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts