Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...as some of you know, I'm a jerk. I've been MIA forever. (So some of you are going, who the heck is she?) Got the news that I was getting laid off last year and became obsessed with the fact that I couldn't find a job. Lots of job interviews, no offers. Then my Mom passed away...well, at that point I'd been a schmuck.

Have been having a wonderful visit with one of our forum members and promised I would come back - Corsair, got your message my friend. So I'm back and ya know, I'm a schmuck and feel free to yell at me. Going to post up some Vstar 1100 gear that someone gave me thinking it was roadstar gear - its free to a good home, you pay the shipping so look for that this weekend in the vstar forum.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E-go, someone gave me a bunch of stuff stripped off a silverado - windshield, wind thingies, bag mounts, engine guards, a few other things I forget. He was giving the bike to his son who was bobbing it out and didn't want any chrome either. But then it ended up with a friend who thought it came off a Roadstar who gave it to me. I just want to move it along to someone who can use it. None of it is new but it's all in good shape

·
Registered
491 Posts
E-go, someone gave me a bunch of stuff stripped off a silverado - windshield, wind thingies, bag mounts, engine guards, a few other things I forget. He was giving the bike to his son who was bobbing it out and didn't want any chrome either. But then it ended up with a friend who thought it came off a Roadstar who gave it to me. I just want to move it along to someone who can use it. None of it is new but it's all in good shape
Def Interested! I have a 99 V-Star 1100 Custom that I just picked up. I'd like to see pictures of the stuff if that's not too much trouble and anything I get that I don't want I will pay forward. :) Shipping shouldn't be too bad, I'm in MD. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Mom..and know the grieving experience takes awhile. Hope you are able to find a job if not already working. That seems to be a problem for many today.

Missed seeing your posts on this forum. Glad you are back. Hope the weather is being more conducive for riding! Today is May 1st and that makes us think positive toward warmer temperatures.

Ride safe and Enjoy!
YammyV:)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Yammy, thanks! I did finally get a job. Ended up temping for a while and money was tight but it has worked out. Have definitely gotten the bikes out a few times now. Looking forward to International Female Ride Day on May 5th!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome back and look forward to reading your posts. No reprimands from this end but glad your back in the fold, always enjoyed your input. Ride safe.

·
Registered
318 Posts
No, you're not a shumck, you're someone who has experienced some of life's misfortunes and you lost a very important member of your family. No one here faults you for that. It's good to see you back however. I always enjoyed reading your common sense answers to the forum.

·
Registered
417 Posts
No I i don't think you are a schmuck......you've been through a tough time and made priority choices. Now you are getting to a better place. Sorry about your mother. Glad you have returned.

Wish I could use some free stuff but my bike is a 1300 DLX

·
Registered
882 Posts
So...as some of you know, I'm a jerk. I've been MIA forever. (So some of you are going, who the heck is she?) Got the news that I was getting laid...
When I hover over the link for the thread preview, that is what it said.

Well, you can imagine how disappointed I am for you to read the whole thing... :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Looking forward to International Female Ride Day on May 5th!
You have been missed :(

IFRD is actually tomorrow, May 2nd this year for some reason. Past years it used to always be on a Friday and I could participate but I work most Saturdays... Oh well.. ride to/from work like usual I guess. Maybe I'll take the long way home :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome back and you have my sympathy and my empathy.

We lost both of my parents over the last 10 month, my dad recently.
I can't count the times he said, It's hell to get old" in the last couple of years.

He's right.

The only thing I can do is keep them alive in my thoughts, prayers and my heart and ride for them.

·
Registered
251 Posts

Well, you can imagine how disappointed I am for you to read the whole thing... :D
Yeah, same here.
I thought, "Hey that's not a bad deal..."

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hey... life happens. I went through a period of unemployment myself. It's demoralizing and you get into a "just leave me alone" mode where participating in forums just isn't high on the list. Double-down on that with your family issues, and I think you get a pass...

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

OMG, now THAT alone was worth coming back for...giggling.

Thanks y'all.

Got my Dad out of the hospital today so only got a short ride in this afternoon but it hit almost 70 today for International Female Ride Day.

·
Registered
491 Posts
OMG, now THAT alone was worth coming back for...giggling.

Thanks y'all.

Got my Dad out of the hospital today so only got a short ride in this afternoon but it hit almost 70 today for International Female Ride Day.
Hope all is well with your father and things look up. Glad you got to ride! I'm waiting on my wife to get home so I can go out for a quick spin.. haha :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts