Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
A recent thread about a tire pressure gage got me thinking about some pneumatic odds and ends I had laying around here and there. The product posted was able to give you an accurate tire pressure value but it lacked one thing, the ability to monitor the pressure during tire inflation. I consider it annoying to add a few ponds, disconnect the air supply and check pressure, repeated until it is perfect or, more often than not, over inflated, requireing you to bleed out a pound or two,

What I had on hand was a spare air nozzle chuck, a short section of curley air hose, and a very accurate pressure gage (liquid filled, 2-1/2inch dial). All my parts had 1/4 NPT connections.

What I needed was a 1/4 NPT "tee" and a 1/4" NPT Schrader valve (tire filler valve) I bought both parts from my favorite industrial supplier in the world, McMaster-Carr. Always same day shipping with next day delivery.

Put all the stuff together so now I can inflate while monitoring the pressure at the same time, OR, I can just use it as a stand alone tire pressure check.

After using and discinnected from the tire and compressor, all you have to do is let the pressure out of the line by depressing the needle in the Schrader valve.
That's great mate, I have actually been chewing over this subject in pursuit of perfect tyre pressure.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Brilliant! (said with an british accent)

·
Registered
231 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts