Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,510 Posts
I actually active on 11 motorcycle and car forums and staff on 9. They are all totally different. A few are close to ours as far as friendliness, but definitely not all. I can tell you from experience, the standard HD responses are usually "it's in the repair manual" , not all, but most. Getting into the "click" can take some time and thick skin is mandatory. But once you get to know them, it's a great information center. Used to think they did more talk than riding. I started a monthly mileage challenge on a few, wow, was I wrong. Don't have much participation as only been doing it for a few months. Here's this months results.

Rectangle Font Circle Number Screenshot

And on another one.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Pattern

@Boog, sent you PM.

Reactions: Boog

·
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,510 Posts
Was looking at your speedometer posting in the Monthly Mileage Challenge. So, I have a Challenge for you. If so, have you tested them yet? I have.

Land vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge Vehicle

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special, 2022 Roadking
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@lesblthe top left arrow is pointing towards the traction control which, fortunately, my bike does not have. The middle arrow is not used according to my book.
The thrid arrow also not used according to the mamual.
Now then, what are they really for?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I didn't have to look it up, I am around too many motorcycles all the time.

·
14,510 Posts
I'm betting "Parking Brake" and "Reverse" for you tricycle guys...🧐 :D
Y'all are funny, but correct. Just thought it interesting that the Road King and Freewheeler used exactly the same speedometer.

Reactions: Jspree and Boog

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
812 Posts
I'm wondering if @Boog pays the subscription fees he can get those functions enabled.....kind of like the Beemer heated seats, the whole laundry list of Tesla "upgrades" and the Zero motorcycle options. :whistle:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Everyone is getting a real bike.
Go stage 1 and you will wake that bike up.
Now you need to trash those pipes, get an air intake and tune on that Milwaukee 8.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special, 2022 Roadking
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Everyone is getting a real bike.
Go stage 1 and you will wake that bike up.
Now you need to trash those pipes, get an air intake and tune on that Milwaukee 8.
It doges traffic pretty good as is. Though I may one day beef it up some. The kid in me wants a 131 pretty badly...

·
14,510 Posts
It doges traffic pretty god as is. Though I may one day beef it up some. The kid in me wants a 131 pretty badly...
If you have dealer do it, comes with full warranty.

Eye Purple Rectangle Violet Font

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
@Boog @lesblank and just how much will that 131 (dealer installed) bad boy set you back?? I'm guessing something equal to or greater than what I paid for my Road Star. :mocking:
Funny you should ask, I went by the local stealer and asked them firsthand; ~$9k to swap in a crate 131 in place of my 107. If I went the stage IV route with my 107, it would be a 128ci and about half the cost.

• Helpful
Reactions: lesblank

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,305 Posts
Funny you should ask, I went by the local stealer and asked them firsthand; ~$9k to swap in a crate 131 in place of my 107. If I went the stage IV route with my 107, it would be a 128ci and about half the cost.
Yeah I was right. More than I paid for my bike. Hahaha How fast you want to go is generally gauged by how deep your pockets are. But I know there is a market out there for it. So as long as the pockets are deep, and the desire is there, the dealers will keep at it. Let us know if you succumb to temptation. :cool:

·
14,510 Posts
This is what mine would cost, a little cheaper since I'm already starting with a 114. I'm very pleased with my 114, this thing is really a rocket, even in the trike.

Font Circle Auto part Fashion accessory Art

·
Registered
980 Posts
You have to at least get rid of the catted headpipe. Those things throw off so much heat, it's miserable.

·
14,510 Posts
I know I'm guilty. But making it your own is fun.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

21 - 40 of 43 Posts