Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special, 2022 Roadking
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I am curious, how does it compare to your strat as far as your butt dyno?
That's a good question brother. Keep in mind that the Strat has 123K miles on it at last ride and the rear shock is shot. Power wise, the 107 engine is smaller at 1,753 CC compared to the Strat's 1,851cc, but it moves very well. Off the line, I think the Strat may be quicker and even with 5 gears, may have a higher top in. I don't know that as I have only taken Rex to 85mph so far during his break-in phase.

Suspension feel is obvious in Rex's favor being new and not broken. I really enjoy the Harley saddle it came with too. I put a BeadRider on all my bikes which makes all seat better in my opinion.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Pretty Pillion likes Rex's ride better than any of my three other bikes. The Pillion pad is bigger, and I have the read shock set for two-up riding and it works well.

Slow speed maneuvers go to Rex for sure. I did a U-turn with her on the back this last weekend and easily stayed in the correct lane with great balance and feel. The Stratoliner is nowhere near as tight of a radius as a Road King is.

Avoiding poor, inattentive drivers on the freeway is about even between the bikes. Both can move ahead to avoid a side meeting and both lean fast when needed. I say Rex has better breaks though.

I am taking notes for a more complete report after I get more miles on Rex. So far, I am loving the new bike.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's a good question brother. Keep in mind that the Strat has 123K miles on it at last ride and the rear shock is shot. Power wise, the 107 engine is smaller at 1,753 CC compared to the Strat's 1,851cc, but it moves very well. Off the line, I think the Strat may be quicker and even with 5 gears, may have a higher top in. I don't know that as I have only taken Rex to 85mph so far during his break-in phase.

Suspension feel is obvious in Rex's favor being new and not broken. I really enjoy the Harley saddle it came with too. I put a BeadRider on all my bikes which makes all seat better in my opinion.
View attachment 119229
Pretty Pillion likes Rex's ride better than any of my three other bikes. The Pillion pad is bigger, and I have the read shock set for two-up riding and it works well.

Slow speed maneuvers go to Rex for sure. I did a U-turn with her on the back this last weekend and easily stayed in the correct lane with great balance and feel. The Stratoliner is nowhere near as tight of a radius as a Road King is.

Avoiding poor, inattentive drivers on the freeway is about even between the bikes. Both can move ahead to avoid a side meeting and both lean fast when needed. I say Rex has better breaks though.

I am taking notes for a more complete report after I get more miles on Rex. So far, I am loving the new bike.
Sounds like a sweet ride!! Thanks for the response brother!! My current strat only has 10K miles. Last few years between knee surgeries and eye surgeries I do not ride nearly as much as I used to or would like to. But I'm still above ground, still can see and still ride so I'll take what I can get!! LOL My brother in law got a 114 streetglide. Gorgeous bike, but $32K is a bit rich for my blood!! He rode my Strat and said it pulled harder than his 114 but I have it dialed in pretty good, plus it only has 10K miles. I figure I am 64, had my share of health issues, this bike will probably outlive me. If I were on the market for a new bike I would probably get what you did as you discussed before, the options are few. Metrics are pretty much out of the race. Indian for me is a HELL no!! I had a 2015 Vintage that was pretty, sounded nice and IMHO was a POS compared to a Strat or HD. So yea you got a great bike!!
Good luck with it, I am sure you will get many miles and smiles on it

Keep ridin and smilin brother

PEACE

DOC

41 - 43 of 43 Posts