Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May we all show gratitude for those who gave the greatest sacrifice to protect our freedom.

·
Super Moderator
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to proudy post where my father rests after a distinguished military career in Arlington Cemetery. He served in two tours in Vietnam. Being a heavily decorated veteran he was buried a few hundred feet of Kennedy's grave site and other great country leaders. The green star marks my father's grave site. His sacrifice helped our country maintain it freedom and I'm very proud of that.

My mother rests with him.

Interesting fact, both my parents were born on the same day, same year, in two different states.

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Thanks for sharing this with us les, great pic Yamaha Pat!
Let’s remember all of those that have served, and those currently serving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
To honor my father in-law. He was with the Marines, and served in Korea. The guy was the best father-in law you could hope for. I miss him dearly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I would like to proudy post where my father rests after a distinguished military career in Arlington Cemetery. He served in two tours in Vietnam. Being a heavily decorated veteran he was buried a few hundred feet of Kennedy's grave site and other great country leaders. The green star marks my father's grave site. His sacrifice helped our country maintain it freedom and I'm very proud of that.

My mother rests with him.

Interesting fact, both my parents were born on the same day, same year, in two different states.
Les, not sure if I mentioned this but I did drive by section 39. I didn't know his name at the time and was driving slow needing both hands on the bars but I yelled out "Hey Les' dad, thanks for your service".

It's an amazing place!

·
Super Moderator
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Les, not sure if I mentioned this but I did drive by section 39. I didn't know his name at the time and was driving slow needing both hands on the bars but I yelled out "Hey Les' dad, thanks for your service".

It's an amazing place!
Thank you very much. It is a very humbling place. It's amazing to walk and see the names on head stones of people you read about in history.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts