Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I put mine on, I figured I would take it off during warmer riding and reinstall it when the temperature dropped again.
I was wrong. I like it so much that I never take it off unless I want to ride with no protection. The MS batwing works great in the rain.
What I like the most is I look over it unlike the factory shield that you look through.
You have me thinking about the smoke shield. I like the looks.

When It's cold I also have the MS fork deflectors. I keep an allen wrench in the bag and can remove or install the deflectors in just a minute or two. Between the two, cold weather riding is great.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Looks great, Layne!

I considered the MS batwing but so far have stuck with my Memphis Fats 21" windshield. I also run their fork deflectors. I took them off briefly last summer and I felt like I was gonna get blown off the bike. Right back on, no matter the heat. I'd recommend trying those with your batwing setup...they make a huge difference!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Layne, what height windshield is that? I like the look and also hate looking through my factory shield. What you've got looks like the perfect height - I'm guessing it's the 9". Can you confirm? Also, did you have the quick-disconnect factory windshield? What was the installation like? Simple, moderate, PITA?

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
one thing to keep in mind about a tinted windshield
when you go up a steep hill, you are looking thru the tinted plastic

catches you by surprise when it happens

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks great, Layne!

I considered the MS batwing but so far have stuck with my Memphis Fats 21" windshield. I also run their fork deflectors. I took them off briefly last summer and I felt like I was gonna get blown off the bike. Right back on, no matter the heat. I'd recommend trying those with your batwing setup...they make a huge difference!
Thanks or the tip. Wish I would have given them a try. Unfortunately, I had to sell the bike recently because of some medical problems. :frown:

Hey Layne, what height windshield is that? I like the look and also hate looking through my factory shield. What you've got looks like the perfect height - I'm guessing it's the 9". Can you confirm? Also, did you have the quick-disconnect factory windshield? What was the installation like? Simple, moderate, PITA?
It was/is the 12" medium tint recurve actually. I am 6'2" and with the way it mounted to the Batwing I looked over it. The slight recurve at the top took the wind right over my head so no buffeting! Easy installation on the Batwing and it quick connect/disconnects in seconds with two latches but it is not something you would want to swap back and forth with the stock screen as the mounting hardware to the forks is different between the two..

one thing to keep in mind about a tinted windshield
when you go up a steep hill, you are looking thru the tinted plastic

catches you by surprise when it happens
Again, at 6'2" I did not experience this on my Strat with this size.

beautiful bike.
Thank you. She belongs to someone else now. :crying:

I did remove the whole set-up off the bike when I sold it as the new owner only had eyes for the stock screen (go figure!) It's all for sale over in the classifieds here for hundreds less than I paid. Take a look HERE if you care to. Ready to ship to someone else.

Ride Safe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts