Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Memphis Shades MEM5804 fork deflectors and the MEK1934 mounts. The deflectors have a big of a curve to them, both side to side and top to bottom. I mounted them so they curve backwards side to side, but then the top to bottom curve is inwards towards the bracket and the plastic touches. Is that normal?

I've attached pictures. Click on them for full size. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Fork deflectors 20201013_002802.jpg Fork deflectors 20201013_005524.jpg Fork deflectors 20201013_005551.jpg

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I think you have it right curve out , then it deflects wind away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rode it that way with the outside edges curving forward, and it worked pretty well. Definitely reduced the turbulence around my head alot, and made the bike much nicer to ride. I did contact Memphis Shades and they said I had it correct the first time, but the brackets must not have been bent properly. They're sending me replacements and we'll see what happens there.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,101 Posts
@Blue Roads Thanks for posting the update. I have heard good things from others too about Memphis Shades and expect someday to use some of their stuff as well.

I am glad they came through for you.

Reactions: Blue Roads
1 - 7 of 7 Posts