Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question for y'all that have them. The Memphis shades lowers, do they make a massive difference? They're not very expensive and I was thinking about getting them and trying them. Because I'm sure not going to spend $200 on the Yamaha stuff. Pics of them on a Vstar 1300 would be appreciated too.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,597 Posts
I have not used lowers before, but many here do, I'm sure they will reply. Here's a pretty good thread talking about lowers:

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
I’ve added lowers to my 950t and Monica’s 950. I have a fairing on mine and she has the tall windshield.
Made a significant difference on my bike and enough of a difference on hers to warrant the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
yes lowers will help prevent head buffeting with a windshield at highway speeds

there are many threads on how to adjust them, I think the simple answer is to look at them as an extension of your windshield or fairing down below the headlight

in other words, you want the air to flow up off the deflectors and continue up across the windshield, so it stays laminar and smooth off the top of the windshield and keeps going clear of your helmet

the way to do this is to minimize the gap between the deflectors and the bottom of the windshield
and to have the angle on each side match the angle of the bottom of the windshield (the amount you twist them back on the forks from being flat into the wind like a snow plow)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Buy the fork deflectors rather than the lowers. They work a little better and yes they make a good bit of difference.
If wind buffeting is an issue, also make sure your windshield is sized properly. The right size windshield can make a world of difference.
Adjust the fork deflectors like KCW says above and you'll be happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts