Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year! Got a question for v star owners. Does anyone have a batwing fairing and Memphis shade lowers installed on their bike? Do the lowers make a difference?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Happy new year Joe. I have the batwing and lowers on my bike. I tried riding with and withoht the lowers and found that without the lowers I had a lot more buffeting than with them. So tomanswer your question, yes they do make a big difference.
Great to hear. Do you have highway bars on your bike? Are they easy or difficult to install? I have a Star 1300 and was wondering if my Yamaha highway bar will interfere with the installation?

I have an aftermarket batwing fairing and found I had some buffeting at certain speeds last season. Hope it eliminates the buffeting...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yes, and I have found the lowers to be helpful. A more aerodynamic helmet (Shoei) also helped a lot. Here's picture.

Now, to be fair, my light bar is moved forward a bit since I went with the aftermarket Rivco lights.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday installed my Memphis shades lowers (install was easy) and it looks pretty good but won't know how effective they will be with buffeting until the cover comes off in April or May.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
This may or may not be of interest to you. When I bought my 1100, got the Silverado pkg. Well, the stock windshield sucked one bout a mile long:( The buffeting was horrible! Put on a set of Memphis Shades lowers and they made a 180 difference!:D Now I can light a smoke with the ol zippo (at reasonable speed) my ballcap cap don't go flyin off, ect. You get the picture.

Let me add that it took me a few adjustments to get it right, take a ride, adjust, take a ride adjust, till it is right on, just a wee bit of movement changes things a ton. Also, because of the turn signal bars, I ended up with the lowers turned upside down, got em perfect:)

Good luck with yours, think you will love what they do when you got em right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts