Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Stratoliner in August of 2011. Love it! Looking forward to meeting up with some fellow riders here in the Memphis area.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Catch a lot of flack here about working trauma and riding a bike! But i love it.
Well at least you don't have to use the clutch and gearshift as yours must be a Traumatic:D:D:D

But say...would that make you shiftless?:confused:

But on this site you'll find no shortage of people willing to join your triage...menage' a...hell, never could tell the difference what with all that poking going on:(

Oh...welcome...;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome TraumaJimRN.It's always a pleasure to here from another liner rider.I see that Springer is at his best behavior. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.Hey how bout some pics before the picture police come out in all forces.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a quick question guys.......Im a big boy, 6-4 375 lbs, 64 inch chest. I cant get my mirrors to adjust to where I can see behind me...I can see either my chest or way out in the fields to either side of the road. Any suggestions on moving the mirrors out or replacement mirrors? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Got a quick question guys.......Im a big boy, 6-4 375 lbs, 64 inch chest.

I'm thinking either a replacement set with longer goosenecks, or convex inserts/additions. I've encountered the same problem and it's a compromise with the OEM mirrors. But convex might do the trick.

Good luck:)

·
Registered
821 Posts
For some reason a set of ape hangers comes to mind. That would at least make the mirrors sit higher.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Don't let them fool you about the fastest color cause yours is 1 step below the fastest.

GRAY

About your mirror issue.Do you have handle bar risers?That might help.Taller set of bars like taboo suggested.You're a big boy.

·
Administrator
13,658 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The mirrors on a silver bike can't be moved. ;) Silver isn't taht the base colour for a nice fast RED? Rule 34569 states that owners of silver base coat bike shall get piss on their computer ASAP and post them even faster.

Welcome to the forum from a crazy Canuck :D
You mean it gets faster!:eek:Holy Cow!:eek: I'm a new rider, and just now really getting comfortable enough to play a little. All I can say is WOW!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I'm thinking either a replacement set with longer goosenecks, or convex inserts/additions. I've encountered the same problem and it's a compromise with the OEM mirrors. But convex might do the trick.

Good luck:)
glad to see you found my portraits Springer. Thought I had hidden them better.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Catch a lot of flack here about working trauma and riding a bike! But i love it.
Welcome to the group.

My sister is a ER Nurse at UNC and I catch flack from her too, but I don't care:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts