Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I live about an hour north of Austin in Central Texas. I think of this area as a kind of motorcycle paradise. I've got hundreds of farm-to-market roads surrounding me. 10 minutes any direction and I'm in the country.
I got a place in Morgan's Point this year and putt down there pretty frequently if it's just me or I'm not hauling anything . Maybe we can get together and drive a few FMs one of these days.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nobody retires from roadwork in this state - they cash in, and buy a house on an island ... or just buy the whole island if they got the job through Beacon Hill connections.

I drove through the panhandle of TX 20 years ago. The highway was beautiful - not a single pothole, or kidney-jarring bridge expansion joint. Wasn't used to that, lol.
You have a well placed sense of skepticism. I like it. Wish everyone did. The state was rebuilding about 150 miles of I-35 between Austin and Dallas. It was under construction when I went to work in 1998 and parts of it are still under construction today. Parts of it near Waco and Hillsboro and been finished, torn back up, and redone with very little change noticeable. I'd like to know more about that.

One of the interesting things about the panhandle is how long you can drive in a straight line. And it isn't as boring as it sounds unless you hate agriculture and geography. Yes, we've got good roads and a lot of them.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts