Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
the pressure rating molded in the tire is the max pressure

the pressure rating in the motorcycle owners manual is based on the weight of the bike on the wheel, for the best traction, cornering and braking possible.

If you want to get the max possible fuel economy use the max pressure on the tire sidewall - the tire will have very poor traction and will lock up the brakes like you are on ice - and the tire will wear in the center about an inch wide

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
the pressure rating molded in the tire is the max pressure

the pressure rating in the motorcycle owners manual is based on the weight of the bike on the wheel, for the best traction, cornering and braking possible.

If you want to get the max possible fuel economy use the max pressure on the tire sidewall - the tire will have very poor traction and will lock up the brakes like you are on ice - and the tire will wear in the center about an inch wide

I am not worried about riding on ice any time soon. The only ice in my future is in my beer cooler.:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
A friend of mine has a Honda VTX 1300 and runs that same tire. He keeps the air pressure at manufacturers recommendations and swears by them. Just a hint, you’ll get more responses in the Vstar section as this is the introduction page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us.
Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
After seeing your question it got me thinking. I was checking air in all the vehicles we are taking up north tomorrow. Rv tires 50# max filled to 45#. Tahoe 44 max aired to 40. Malibu front kelly rated 51# running 40#. Rear tiger paws rated 44# running 40#. So i guess there is no real answer. My logic is split mfgr and vehicle suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts