Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before heading to Myrtle Beach Bike Week I plan on putting a set of Michelin Commander 2 on the 1300. I bought it new in April and it is a 2015, so the tires are 3+ years old and will have 5000 miles on them by the time I leave for MB. The Michelin Commander 2 doesn't come in the OEM size, so what size is best for the V Star 1300? Also, where can I get the best deal on the tires?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I have come to find my local MC shop has tires for the same price I can get online. They can also recommend a good tire if the Michelins do not come in your size.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When I called my local shop to make sure they would mount tires purchased someplace else, they said yes, but they would have to charge an extra $5 for a tire disposal fee. Then they said to give them a call and let them know what price I would be getting the tires at, and they would try to match the pricing. They matched the best price I found the Shinko 777s. Best price I could find on the tires was actually via Amazon.com. Different tires than what you're looking at, but at least worth a quick search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts