Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced stock tires on 08 Roadstar siverado with Michelin Commander II tires. Big difference right away in handling. Good on secondary roads and much better handling, but on interstate seems less stable?
Anyone with similar results?
Jazzer59

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my 09 Roadstar. Love the handling but at first it was like wearing ice skates. They seemed a little "slippery" when going straight down the road. Almost the same feel as you get from riding on a grooved road. They definitely are a harder tire and my mechanic told me to keep 36/38 front/back in them. I think they take a longer time to break in and get better as you go. I've got about 1K on them and feel better the more miles on them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. Just did an 800 mile trip in two days last week mostly 70 mph interstate. Luckily I got used to tires. They did great. Basically as you said, you get used to them and still felt safe and an improvement over stock tires. These are a bias tire and I was told by an HD mechanic to inflate them higher...up to 38/40 and even higher. That seems to make a huge difference. Jazzer59

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have rear only - generally fantastic - not so much in the wet - there's too many roundabouts in my area. give me a stop/give way (yield) sign any day...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts