Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't seem to have a problem but, should I disassemble the rear and stake/locktite the nut? If so, how does the guess around the u-joint come off. Do I have to disassemble the joint and remove the nut? Can I just tighten and stake? Looks like a big job but I ain't afraid of nuthin.
G

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link, have seen it before. Question is, with the swing arm removed, how do you get the guard of the mid drive section for access to the u-ioint and, should I putt the time in just as a preventative measure?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
the "guard" is part of the swing arm....when you remove the swing arm the "guard" goes with it....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you for the link, have seen it before. Question is, with the swing arm removed, how do you get the guard of the mid drive section for access to the u-ioint and, should I putt the time in just as a preventative measure?

Yes, put the time on the preventative measure - an ounce of prevention.....

Otherwise you might find yourself in the same predicament I am in.

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/49-v-star/96257-looks-like-im-done-v-star-about-dead.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ej, you are exactly why I asked. I'm going to take the bike down for this and other projects. Guess I'll have to ride the Ninja for a while.
Thanks for all the input. Let you know how it comes out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts