Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks some people my age have a mid life crisis and others like me have a mid shaft crisis. The darn thing broke on me about 50 kms from home. I managed to limp back but now my baby is in the dealership to get some TLC. That takes care of my Roadstar dreams for this year :(. Hopefully when I get her back, she'll be just like new. I'm getting the rings done, valves checked and repaired if needed, carbs cleaned and syncked.....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear that. How many miles? Any indications it was gonna go or did it just go? I have an 04 with bout 17000 miles. Think I should be pulling cover and checking it out? Other than starter clutch. that's the only other thing I worry about for major repairs. Since I do all my own wrenching and maint. guess the safest thing to do would be to pull cover and check and stake the nut. Too bad bout that roadie though.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sony there's wasn't any signs of it ready to fail. I had checked the nut last year and all was good. The only thing I can really thinkmof this year was that I had this vibration at around 115 kph 65 mph, other than that nada. I had 75000 km 46000 miles when this happened.

If I were you or anybody else that hasn't checked this nut I would say "git er done". 2 to 3 weeks wait time sucks especially here in the great white north. I mean I'll get her back just in time to change the front wheel to a ski and the rear tire to a full knobby :D.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
You could have it done in an afternoon for less than $50. it's actually not a difficult fix. I've done several....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts