Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post on the forum and I'm hoping I can get some much needed help (located in England)

Long story short, my 2013 midnight star 950 had a little fire, everything is fine except the loom. A lot of melted wiring, however the bike still worked. Due to safety I wanted to fit a new loom. I ended up ordering two looms (I will get onto why in a sec)

I cut out my melted loom/harness and replaced it with the one from the states.

After installing it and plugging in, I discovered 2 connections had nothing to connect to within the new loom; One connection from the key code reader on the ignition barrel and one for the ignition and right hand controls.

I ordered a second from eBay UK hoping it would contain the missing connections but still no joy.

So can someone help with the following;

1) Does anyone know where the hell I can get a complete loom/harness with the connection for the immobiliser system from and not brand new (unless I have to)

2) Can the immobiliser be deleted/disabled on the ECU and how or who can do it?

I currently have the US loom connected up. Ignition will turn on, lights etc however the fuel pump will not initiate on turning the key and when I do try to start the bike, it just constantly turns over (obviously due to the immobiliser not being connected and reading my key) so the bike is just sat dead at the minute and I'm at a complete loss.

I either need the correct loom or the immobiliser on the ECU disabling.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Pete.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Pete44,
Welcome to the forum and welcome from northeast Georgia.
I sorry I am not able to help here but there is a lot of knowledge and very helpful folks on this site.
I hope you get your answer and have your bike back to normal soon.
Again welcome....

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Louisiana, USA. There are members here that have the wiring diagrams, hopefully they will post it shortly and you may be able to get it fixed. Wiring is one thing I've never had the patience to do very well.

Reactions: GARider and Pete44

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't you just splice into the two wires not in the plug?
So I've just taken the connection from the correct loom and spliced it into the wires it needs to connect to within the new loom. 2 go into the fuel pump/dash connection, 2 go into a dead end box, one goes to the ECU and one is a negative. The only time the pump actual initiates is when the red/green is connected to the dead end connection however, it is intermittent. I try to start the bike, it tries to but still doesn't fire up then the engine management light comes on.

So something still isn't right. The bike Still works fine with the old loom so it's definitely this new one is missing something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This maybe a little late and you may have already seen it. Section 7 has the electrical system. Page 292 shows the electric starting system.

Yes I have seen it already thank you. This diagram is for the models without an immobiliser and is missing the required connections to the ECU. It may come in handy though as a reference. I think im going to have to rewire my current harness. Not ideal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts