Votes: 17 6.0%
  • IRON BUTT 1,000+

Votes: 20 7.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
735 is my marathon day so far, set last year on a trip to South Dakota. I hope to break it this year when we head for the Smoky Mountains. It's a 900 mile trip one way. Not sure we can do the whole run in 1 day, but weather permitting, we are gonna give an honest try!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Just as a thought only, but a guy on a 250 say, run 500, that would be sorta tough, a guy on a Liner class bike, 500 would be a puss run. I understand your question,but to break it down into who has the hardest ass, maybe classes of bikes?:) Ride safe:D

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
840 on a Yamaha 400. It was two days before I could feel my butt again and fortunately Aussielad and Stratowart weren't around to try...:D:D:D

A caution however: that was 29 years ago and the nerve damage has never fully gone away. Iron butt is for momentary ego's. Nerve damage is forever.:(

Be kind to your golden years; break up your rides with genuine rest stops.;)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
840 on a Yamaha 400. It was two days before I could feel my butt again and fortunately Aussielad and Stratowart weren't around to try...:D:D:D

A caution however: that was 29 years ago and the nerve damage has never fully gone away. Iron butt is for momentary ego's. Nerve damage is forever.:(

Be kind to your golden years; break up your rides with genuine rest stops.;)
That's not the way you told me you got nerve damage in your butt, does this remind you and DON'T LIE!!!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
May 1988, also per Google Maps, 471 miles, Turtle Lake, Wisconsin to Pierre, South Dakota, on an '83 Virago 500 with 35mph cross winds. The rest of our group was riding full-dress Harleys so they didn't think much of it, but the little Virago was winding pretty good to keep up. That was an experience.

·
Super Moderator
13,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
806 miles from Austin to Birmingham without any intentions on distance when we started out that day. if we had planned for it, gone earlier in the year before Fall etc. etc., i see no reason to not reach 1K. after that 3300 mile trip the right side of my groin was numb for weeks.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
350+ miles. A poker run that me and my buddy turned into a 'let's see where this road goes' ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In August 2007, 739 miles per "Google Maps", Halifax, Nova Scotia to a small town in Mass. That was on a Road Star Warrior.

And don't call me "simple"
I hope it wasn't on that brick they called a stock seat... Going from that Warrior seat to the Liner stocker was heaven.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I bought my Vulcan in Raliegh NC I got as far as Findlay Ohio in one day. I know a lightweight 450 miles or so....no freeway though and 200 miles of severe thunderstorms so that should count for something.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
i had to carry my bike the last 50 miles. over rusty nails. carrying an orphan and a kitten under the other arm.

Oh yeah? Well I had two goats, the AFLAC duck, and I fought through a napalm attack uphill both ways to Telegraph hill in S.F.!! So there!! The only thing that pissed me off was that Memorex was already there receiving the CMOH!!:mad:

And I was THAT close...:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
A couple weekends ago i rode with hdeater113 and that gave me a new personnal best. I did 470+ when all was done, from leaving my drive to returning to my drive :D

1 - 20 of 130 Posts