Votes: 17 6.1%
  • IRON BUTT 1,000+

Votes: 20 7.1%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Bummer.... it also seems that you can't update to a new higher distance if anyone happens to set a new PB. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
simple. what's the most amount of miles you've ridden in a single 24-hour period?

423.2 miles from santa cruz ca to moreno valley, on my vespa P200E scooter with a stock seat, i took hwy 1 all the way down in the rain the week before the big earthquake that toppled the 880 fwy in 1989

its the same scooter in my profile , me and her have been through alot together, i bought and sold alot of bikes through the years but its hard to let go of your first love.

·
Registered
25 Posts
JSaitman is no posser

Love to hear stories like that! I am a huge fan of long road trips. Also like to hotrod around town...........but long trips on the open road is were its at

·
Registered
150 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread.. It was 1986, I was riding a Kawi GPZ1100. I left Poughkeepsie, NY for Cincinnati, OH to surprise visit a friend. 691 miles according to Google Maps. When I got there, he was away on vacation.

Six months later, surgery to repair a ruptured disk, L5,S1. Fortunately, no problems with the back since.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When I took this poll I had a personal best of approximately 110. I am extremely proud to report that I crushed that personal best today with a total mileage of 431. I had a great ride on the beautiful California coast with a group of great people today. I can't wait for the next adventure, but I do hope it's a shorter one, my back is killing me haha

·
Registered
133 Posts
Took a trip to Kentucky this week me and dad (81 years old) put on a total of 1400 miles in 5 days. When we headed home we did a straight shot of 470 miles in one day. Not bad for me but awesome for the old bugger...!! They don't make em like they used to.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My Butt Hurts

400+ on a 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600 made me come over to the cruiser side. I'm definitely looking forward to an iron butt/butt burner/saddle sore ride in the future.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I used to compete in a thing called the ACU (Autocycle Union) National Rally which was a 24 hour road navigation rally. I rode 750+ miles one year on a CZ enduro bike! I had numb fingers for two days after that one.

I still go from my home to the North West of Scotland regularly which is a 500 mile day and my Midnight Star is the most comfortable bike I've done it on.

I find the key for me is to take regular short breaks and keep up with fluids and energy snacks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
For me it was probably the days of going up to the tail of the dragon. close to 400 miles in that day, once with a passenger...maybe a little less I logged on a GSXR 750. Talk about wrist pain, I don't miss that. On the Raider I logged in over 400 miles on a trip to Maggie Valley NC and then through Asheville SC and back to GA. That was a "I'm gonna break away give me directions back from Maggie Valley " trip that went way off course :) Asheville sure is a beautiful area, deep mountains. I won't lie, on the Raider there was some back pain...

·
Registered
51 Posts
on my cbr954rr with a stock seat central maine to kancamagus hwy NH and back about 450 to 500 miles round trip about 10 of us went. haven't had the stryker long enough yet so the most on that is about 300 miles

·
Registered
9 Posts
I rode my 1984 Gold Wing 2 up from Tucson, AZ to San Diego Ca. then up the Coast to Oceanside and back to San Diego in 12 hours. That was all one ride and it is just under 500 miles total.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts