Votes: 17 6.1%
  • IRON BUTT 1,000+

Votes: 20 7.1%

• Total voters
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
There’s a lot of validity to your statement. Back when I had my 85 Honda Shadow, I would NEVER attempt the kind of trips I’ve done on my touring bikes. Two different animals for sure.
On the flip side back when i had my 85 Honda shadow my butt had 70# less on it

·
Registered
107 Posts
--

I've gone only around 700 miles on several occasions, but with my new tourer it is a lot easier to stay on the road. Plus, if I stayed on the slab the whole way, I could do some 1000 milers without too much trouble. The problem these days is that at 78 y.o., the body is not in top shape. Well, actually, in some ways I am pretty much in "top" shape (joke inserted there 😬).

Several times in the past and this last summer on my 9,000 mile trip, I only went around 700 a couple of times, but it's not the mileage. It's the time spent on the bike. Once I was on the west side of Columbus, OH where due to poor directions, I ended up spending about 3 hours lost before I got totally out of the city limits, while only traveling maybe 50 miles. Or stuck in traffic on the north side of Denver for two hours and 10 miles on a summer 95° day.

I just make it a point to stop every hour to hour-and-a-half to stretch and rest my eyes for a couple of moments.

--

·
Registered
2 Posts
--

I've gone only around 700 miles on several occasions, but with my new tourer it is a lot easier to stay on the road. Plus, if I stayed on the slab the whole way, I could do some 1000 milers without too much trouble. The problem these days is that at 78 y.o., the body is not in top shape. Well, actually, in some ways I am pretty much in "top" shape (joke inserted there 😬).

Several times in the past and this last summer on my 9,000 mile trip, I only went around 700 a couple of times, but it's not the mileage. It's the time spent on the bike. Once I was on the west side of Columbus, OH where due to poor directions, I ended up spending about 3 hours lost before I got totally out of the city limits, while only traveling maybe 50 miles. Or stuck in traffic on the north side of Denver for two hours and 10 miles on a summer 95° day.

I just make it a point to stop every hour to hour-and-a-half to stretch and rest my eyes for a couple of moments.

--
Hey Ron, When did you get your Eluder?

121 - 130 of 130 Posts