Votes: 58 17.9%
  • 800-999

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • IRON BUTT 1,000+

Votes: 27 8.3%

Miles Ridden In One Day

51K views 189 replies 103 participants last post by  Phattire5958 
#1 ·
simple. what's the most amount of miles you've ridden in a single 24-hour period?

#36 ·
About 300 is my max at this point nice trip from Oklahoma to Missouri and down through Arkansas, was a good trip going to Red River New Mexico next month gonna try and make about 700 miles.

#38 ·
Averaged around 450m/day for about 2 months travelling around the south-west, south and west coast states during 2005. Every day included time being touristy so the miles were usually done in less than half a day.

Oh yeah, and I was on a 500 with stock seat..:eek:

#39 ·
Hey bevo, any way you can have the poll list the Iron Butt pple so we can laud them appropriately?

#40 ·
540 miles from Cleveland to Burlington NC. I will be making the return trip tomorrow or Tuesday.

#42 ·
Bummer.... it also seems that you can't update to a new higher distance if anyone happens to set a new PB. :(

#44 ·
423.2 miles from santa cruz ca to moreno valley, on my vespa P200E scooter with a stock seat, i took hwy 1 all the way down in the rain the week before the big earthquake that toppled the 880 fwy in 1989

its the same scooter in my profile , me and her have been through alot together, i bought and sold alot of bikes through the years but its hard to let go of your first love.

#46 · (Edited)
Resurrecting an old thread.. It was 1986, I was riding a Kawi GPZ1100. I left Poughkeepsie, NY for Cincinnati, OH to surprise visit a friend. 691 miles according to Google Maps. When I got there, he was away on vacation.

Six months later, surgery to repair a ruptured disk, L5,S1. Fortunately, no problems with the back since.

#47 ·
When I took this poll I had a personal best of approximately 110. I am extremely proud to report that I crushed that personal best today with a total mileage of 431. I had a great ride on the beautiful California coast with a group of great people today. I can't wait for the next adventure, but I do hope it's a shorter one, my back is killing me haha

#51 ·
My Butt Hurts

400+ on a 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600 made me come over to the cruiser side. I'm definitely looking forward to an iron butt/butt burner/saddle sore ride in the future.

#52 ·
I used to compete in a thing called the ACU (Autocycle Union) National Rally which was a 24 hour road navigation rally. I rode 750+ miles one year on a CZ enduro bike! I had numb fingers for two days after that one.

I still go from my home to the North West of Scotland regularly which is a 500 mile day and my Midnight Star is the most comfortable bike I've done it on.

I find the key for me is to take regular short breaks and keep up with fluids and energy snacks.

#54 · (Edited)
For me it was probably the days of going up to the tail of the dragon. close to 400 miles in that day, once with a passenger...maybe a little less I logged on a GSXR 750. Talk about wrist pain, I don't miss that. On the Raider I logged in over 400 miles on a trip to Maggie Valley NC and then through Asheville SC and back to GA. That was a "I'm gonna break away give me directions back from Maggie Valley " trip that went way off course :) Asheville sure is a beautiful area, deep mountains. I won't lie, on the Raider there was some back pain...