Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any companies that make items with Military logos on them ie; air cleaners etc. Did some web searches didn't find much.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I could be wrong, i don't believe you'll find any. I think military logos are considered property of the perspective government. I'm guessing you'll have to get the sticker/logo you want and put it on yourself...or manufacture it yourself. When i was in the service i recall that it is a legal issue. Gov will allow stickers and such to be made for each branch of the service. When it comes to putting logos on equipment manufactured and sold to the public, that's a different story. Of course, times change. I've been civilian for 20 years, things may be different now (though unlikely). Good luck.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Your best bet would be to find an engraving shop with a CNC engraver or check with trophy shop. I was an engraver at a military base for 10 years so I know it can be done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....They do sell the stuff found some Army at JP but looking for some Air Force. Found some medallions that stick but I believe those will eventually fall of with weather and vibration.

As far as the engraving goes seems like talented people can do some nice things and maybe thats the way I'll have to go. My concern thought with that is once yo break the chrome finish is it going to start rusting? My guess is it would.

·
Registered
923 Posts
There were a few booths at the local bike show this weekend that had the different branches emblems that you could apply to your bike. Snyper's Eagle,Globe, and Anchor setup is nice. - Semper Fi!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Those are really sweet dial faces, but some of them are a little too busy for me. Hell I'm a Marine and I have to say that the Marine face plate would be too much for me to read.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. Now we have a few different options, wife just needs to make uo her mind hmm, see how that goes. No we found a guy in Il http://etchingsbypig.com/militarypage.html

Wife reallyy likes the look of his stuff not to mention he donates 5% to Wounded Warriors & DVA.

Spoke with him great guy, all done by hand so gonna get the breather cover off this weekend send it out & then do the windshield after that.

Thanks to ALL for the great input.

God bless & ride safe

·
Registered
197 Posts
Semper Fi SNYPER, I really like the EGA on the bike!

mk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts