Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I had a new rear tire installed on my 2000 V-Star 1100 this past weekend and I've noticed a very slight vibration from 20-25 mph. It isn't enough to affect driveability, just a little concerning that it's there. It's more noticeable on deceleration than acceleration. Any ideas what could cause this? I checked to make sure the final drive had the proper amount of gear oil, and I would assume that if the tire was out of balance it would be more noticeable at higher speeds. I appreciate any insight someone can provide.

Matt

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Check the balance again. Quite common for a vibration to only be noticeable at a certain speed/revolution

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
If you feel it may be a safety issue, take it back to whoever did the work and let them fix it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I talked to the shop yesterday. I'll be taking it back to have some of their mechanics ride it and see if they can figure it out. After a little more experimenting, I only seem to notice it when the engine is at idle. I tried to duplicate the issue on acceleration and deceleration with giving it some throttle and couldn't notice the vibration. Hopefully the shop can figure something out. At this point, I don't think it's a safety issue, but I'll be taking a 4 day ride in late August, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Almost sounds like you need a good carb synch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts