Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Order some mirror extenders off Amazon today. Hopefully I'll be able to see more than my arms and chest after they are put on!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the extenders on finally! Holy cow! There is a world behind me. It's nice to be able to see behind me instead of wondering if some idiot is about to run me over!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do you still have a web link to the extenders? I'd like to have a set for the same reasons but when I search I don't come up with anything. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you still have a web link to the extenders? I'd like to have a set for the same reasons but when I search I don't come up with anything. Appreciate the help.
It's sling shot racing. Www.ssr.com or look on Amazon. That's where I found them. And for only like $10 it was money well spent!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks, I found them at http://www.slingshotracing.net/catalog/ducati-10mm-mirror-risers-extenders-adapters-p-319.html
The brake fluid reservoirs sit up kind of high on the Stratoliners...do these fit over top of them or do you have to angle them back off the reservoirs? If I'm wearing a coat my mirrors are all but useless...all I see is my arm/shoulder so I really need something. And you said for $10? Looks closer to $30 before shipping or am I not looking in the right place. Thanks again.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My apologies I was thinking of just one for $10. And I have them running pretty much in line with the bars, and then adjusting the stems of the mirrors as needed. Clears the brake reservoir pretty well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nope, not bad looking at all. Okay, I'm convinced...I'm ordering a set. But you know, I'd have been willing to pay a little more for a chrome set. I've got the Liner "S" and this little piece, albeit very functional, is going to probably stick out kind of dull amongst all that shney. Don't think any of the colored ones would really go good with my dark cherry. Thanks for adding the pics!!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your welcome. And I have the S too. And wasn't able to get the chrome ones either. But really the silver ones blend in pretty well. Hard to tell from the pics. Order 'em...you'll be happy with them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine came in Saturday. Wow! What a difference. I can see the full spectrum behind me now. Well worth the investment and the brushed alluminum does look good amongst all the chrome. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts