Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VSTAR 1100 Classic
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea why my bike starts to misfire around 70-90 miles an hour? It sounds like it starts running on one cylinder then it goes back to two out of nowhere..?? Any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
1,006 Posts
Is it speed, load or rpm related? There are several topics here about carb vent causing running issues at higher speeds with the 1100.

·
Registered
2006 VSTAR 1100 Classic
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it speed, load or rpm related? There are several topics here about carb vent causing running issues at higher speeds with the 1100.
Throttle half open speeding passed 70 miles per hour, it starts misfiring and sounds like fun shots almost. Idk if it’s rpm related or load related. It rides fine, it idles excellent but in 5th gear whether I’m slowly accelerating or wide open throttle (wide open throttle happens the worst) it start misfiring bad and feels like loss of power. Then it goes back to two cylinders, it comes and goes. Always at 70+ miles per hour is when it starts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sounds like this could be your issue V-Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base - Wind Bogging Engine - Carb Vent Hose

If you have success, you could also update this topic

·
Registered
2006 VSTAR 1100 Classic
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like this could be your issue V-Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base - Wind Bogging Engine - Carb Vent Hose

If you have success, you could also update this topic
Thank you, wow! You’re awesome. I’ll dig into this and let you know.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm going to print that line and show it to my wife 😄

1 - 7 of 7 Posts