Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

missing the bottom 2... is left one a plug? i thought it was oil drain so i bought another plug but i was wrong main oil drain is a bigger 14m by 1.50. maybe it is some plug thete is lots of oil splattered. i thought it was main plug and people were crazy haha but still i dont know. wtf it is and i look at diagram like crazy too.

does this need wrap or not? temp wise? will i burn f out of leg? i dont like fiberglass its going everywhere falling apart.

im still trying to figure out back wheel if there is some circlip or washer missing or if circlips inside there or whats up exactly. of course i dont have it on but half way or they dont i didnt put it on but play where i can push it in like that normal or not as see how far it can suck in. a friend acted like i just need to tighten it with it out but idk. from diagram i feel like i only see a circlip inside on another part but idk
anyhow any help mad appreciate still trying to read all the repair manual

Registered
Ok, without the wrap you need to put universal heat Shields on or it will get very hot. Second take the bolt out of the rear brake arm ,slide it all the way on. The bolt fits through that cut out on the splines. Right now it is only halfway on.
You are also missing the round cover over the oil filter between the exhaust.
I will have to look more on the bolts missing.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i definatly need it on full way probally no problem to do. i feel like it would still have some kind of lock to it though before putting that back all the way. in manual theres something about being able to tell brake pad ware from it maybe im missing some of that or not someone laid it down once so maybe this parts been messed with. by too hot i guess i mean for the engine too do the shorty pipes make the engine way hotter and if yall would suggest silcone seal on the glass or dang if it was ever silicone sealed as iv never seen ht silicone myself. as for leg hot yeah shields over glass all day maybe i make or buy some thanks

Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Might try cleaning all that old oil off and see where the oil leak is. It looks bad enough to get under rear tire and possibly cause a major misshap. Quick question, where the right side footpeg? Is your air box gone? Not sure what that wire is that has a zip tie on rear cylinder, but that will melt quickly. Please don't take that I'm picking out other things than your question, just want you safe.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah i have cover and the cover i have just has 2 bolts that hold it the top 2 holes as far as i think its got just 2 holes and pretty sure its right cover bike came missing those too though or in a bag as cover was lose. its kinda wild they acked like its only cosmetic i hope so. maybe its some kinda plug hole to add oil sensor or i think bike oil sensorless from factory. its close to nuetral switch light i have some plug that looks like it fits but we are pretty sure thread is different or i hope cruds not just in it or if its something you can put back with engine in frame bc it feels like frame might be mm too close but friend said threads look different so maybe i just have a different plug in tool section of bike but still if lefts a small plug then i still have no idea what right hole is too. but like i said i think main plugs in middle more and twice as big as plug im looking for if it is a plug

Banned
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh on wheel i think im missing number 18 a plate indicator and i think it clamps down. then theres 17 i guess i have to open to see if i have on cam or not or anyway to tell if 17 in there right i guess it cant really slip off cam or what it does its a weird looking washer from pics

Registered
The rear brake indicator is a small plate with a pointer that goes on the bolt.

Reactions: lesblank

Banned
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might try cleaning all that old oil off and see where the oil leak is. It looks bad enough to get under rear tire and possibly cause a major misshap. Quick question, where the right side footpeg? Is your air box gone? Not sure what that wire is that has a zip tie on rear cylinder, but that will melt quickly. Please don't take that I'm picking out other things than your question, just want you safe.
someone laid it down so footpeg gone when got it. its got airfilters up in there so yeah i dont have orginal air box maybe it got messed too. wire is for a usb phone charger. yeah im still trying to figure out the oil i sure didnt want to crank it again if something aint right thx

Banned
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok found that most people say it a manufactor hole the one on the left that leads no where... haha really messes with us but some other post someone acted like its a case drain if your working on it. im seeing more saying its a manufactor hole so i guess i need stick something in. its an 02 year if theres any yearly differences to this idk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts