Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 v star 650 classic:

took the carbs apart to clean them. separated the 2 carbs. on the choke rod, there's a white plastic "collar" or "grommet". tried looking up the part number off the diagrams etc, but it doesn't show it. don't know what to do now. I'm finding its very hard to describe this part that is missing, and I've searched everywhere for a picture. i'll try my best to describe what it is...

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2000/V-STAR CLASSIC - XVS650AMC/CARBURETOR/parts.html

see part number 39. the rod goes in the carb, but before the spring goes on, theres the "collar" or "grommet" that has to go on first. the hole the "collar" goes into (inside the carb hole, over the choke rod) is too wide for the choke rod by itself. the spring fits into this hole as well, so the "collar" IS needed

any insight to this issue would be great. thank you

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Looks to me like the entire assembly of more than 1 part is #39.

It is the choke rod assembly. I would try to contact bikebandit.com
and ask them about this issue. I have contacted them before and they have some good advise and know how on these bikes.

It's worth a try. The exploded view shows a C clip but the white plastic part you talk about I'm not sure what it is.

Maybe a bushing ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was found in the yard by the way. one fell out. this one must have blown out when it got hit with carb cleaner. bike is back together and running like a champ!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Glad to hear it. It can be extremely frustrating to loose a tiny part like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts