Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Missplaced Texan checking in

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  acman308 
#1 ·
New to the forum just thought i'd say hi....

Just got a 2002 V star 1100 has a 2005 engine/transmission.

We'll see if i can post pics right the first time.

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome aboard :D Did you do the engine swap yourself or buy it that way? Why? When? What for? How come? Who ate the last cookie :confused:

#6 · (Edited)
The bikes history...... No way to make it short
"older" friend that i work with Vietnam Vet (dude is stouter than most 20 yr olds at 67~)
Go's to long island when his mom passes away.~4yrs ago
His nephew has a "hobby" of building bikes on the side.
He had bought a 2002 custom with a blown engine....then bought crashed 2005 with only 1500 miles on it. He painted the bike swaped engine etc. had just finished it.

Was showing it to my friend who had never rode a motorcycle in his life........says take it for a spin gives him quick dirty how to ride lesson.

Terry comes back on it an hr later says he loves it. His nephew gives it to him.
He pays 1k~ or so to have it shipped home Texas...
He put almost ~14k miles on it in about 2~yrs fell in love with riding....... bought a Street Bob because he wanted a Harley.......

He said for the last two ~ years he wasn't going to sell it because it was his first bike and he rode it a little here and there / kept it up n running his wife rode it occasionally but she's really petite/short and it just didn't "fit" her well.....

He rode it in the other day said he needed to just sell it so he didn't have to keep messing with keeping it up..... He likes his Harley (rides every day unless it's one heck of a storm) almost 20k on it.

I said how much cause i know it's been well taken care of even if it was "rebuilt" and it's been trouble free all this time.......
He says $2500 I say sold......

Not certain it was a screaming deal..... but considering all the add on stuff he's done etc
I don't think i'm hurt any.....

While i'm far from an expert rider it's not my first bike....... i just never was legal before.
I went and took the MSF course the next weekend got my license at the DMV last monday been enjoying it ever since.

#9 ·
Howdy,

Where are you located?

I'm also a Missplaced Texan - & new to this forum. Nice bike & interesting story.

I'll be getting a new 950T as soon as the accessories come in - maybe later this week.

Been riding Suzukis since ~1973.

Dave
Westerville, Ohio - Originally from Ft. Worth, TEXAS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.